Saturday, September 29, 2007

Illustration Friday: The Blues

had an almost instant image in my head for this one. Of course the end result isn't much like that preliminary image, but it is close enough. I didn't want to go down the emotional path of what "The Blues" means. I know that a fiddle is not a traditional Blues instrument--but for some reason that was part of my image, that and Australian Aboriginal inspired design elements. (That and I'm much more in tune with Bluegrass than The Blues...) Probably I was mostly inspired by this other painting I did a while back about musical instruments. It went with this poem:



Babalinka and Bitsy Boo
Go on a trip to visit Baboo.
Baboo plays the didgeridoo.
The dobro, the oboe,
And ukulele too.









2 comments:

bee'nme said...

Gorgeous interpretation - I love the colors and the design elements - they work together beautifully in this piece!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

I like your image a lot! I dig bluegrass.