Monday, February 06, 2012

Pants overhaul

I modified another pair of my daughter's pants. These had gotten too short. There were no holes in the knees, yet, but the pattern had started to fade at the knees, so I added the patches to tie in the ruffles at the bottom and protect the knees from more wear. I did an embroidery technique on them this time. On the ruffles I ran three lines of machine basting stitches. Then I criss crossed a row of embroidery thread across two of the lines, and serpentined another line in and out of the third. I used the same serpentine technique for a line of stitching I put inside the square patches.