My beloved old purse (which my Mom brought me from Peru) has died. The strap came loose, and even after I restitched it, other seams in the bottom started to go. So it was time to make a new one.
This is the interior pocket
This is the external pocket
I also had an old back pack that fell apart about the same time. So a took the zippers, straps, and buckles from that to add to my purse. The fabric all came from my fabric bin. I didn't really like the drawstring closure on the original purse, so I put a zipper in the new one, and made the front pocket bigger. The bottom is made from vinyl so I don't have to worry so much about where I set it down--I can just wipe if off.
And here is the finished purse.