Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sea Turtles and Such

I missed last week's Illustration Friday because we were on vacation. (Sometimes by happy accident I will have done something that fits the theme anyway--but not so this time.) We visited my husband's parents in Port Aransas, TX. There were numerous sea turtles bobbing in the water along the jetty one day when we took a walk. (It was a pretty hair raising walk with my almost 7 year old son leaping from big granite rock to big granite rock as we made our way out along the jetty. Both grandma and I had our hearts in our throats at various moments)


Earlier in the trip we took a glass bottomed boat tour at Aquarena Springs in San Marcos, TX. We saw some tiny turtles swimming under the boat but didn't see the ancient snapping turtle rumored to live there. My 3 year old daughter did her own artistic interpretation of a snapping turtle.


No comments: