Monday, August 13, 2007

Illustration Friday: Emergency


When I read this week's topic I groaned. Ambulances and trauma, I didn't want to think about it. And then a more absurd alternative came into mind from the TV show Red Dwarf: "There's an emergency going on...It's still going on." Which lead me to thinking about the daily dramas that go on. Our neighbor's dog is constantly making a break for it, and ours would too if the gate wasn't bungee corded shut. (And I'm sure my dog was thinking, "Where's the fire?" as I tried to encourage him to model for me in the Texas heat...)
And the extent of an emergency is always relative to perspective as I pass on the family phrase: "No blood--no bandaid."

5 comments:

ElizT said...

I like his doggyness. And hope he avoids the traffic.

Mônica said...

Great drawing of your dog, I love the movement and the contrast between the dog and the color lines. My dog also has no clue whatsoever about traffic!

janie said...

Cool dog silhoutte, he looks like a red setter to me. Great movement, he's of to check out the fire works:)

Unknown said...

love this piece!!!!

Christine said...

So true! About everything, the emergency and the dog making a break for it. I love your drawing.