Saturday, January 13, 2007

Illustration Friday: 80's

This week's Illustration Friday theme was difficult. How to visually interpret something so vague? Then I remembered my grandfather bought himself a Harley for his 80th birthday. He'd had one as a young man and well why not get another?
My thoughts on inspiration today are about keeping the mind nimble. The more I challenge myself the more I open up opportunities for inspiration. I've learned this from grandparents who have continued LIVING, not just being alive, well into their 80's (and beyond.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to IF Heather! Your work is lovely. I can relate to the image you posted this week as we live in an area that is once a year drenched in the noise of the harleys on their way up to the Motorcycle week in NH.

All your images are lovely. I am glad you were able to post them. For Blogger issues, they have a wonderful site called Blogger for Dummies.

Anonymous said...

I can not think of a better present for his 80th birthday. Good for him. I am sure that he would love this illustration.
Francisco

Michelle Lana said...

welcome and great work!

Anonymous said...

Hey that's a very thoughtful little story. I like it! Awesome illustration!